Atheism Plus or Atheism+ is a subset of the larger atheism visibility movement that incorporates social justice issues, skepticism and humanism alongside dictionary "atheism". Started in 2012, it received a mix reaction from the atheist community. Interest in the movement declined in 2013-2014.
Atheism Plus was started with posts by Blag Hag, Jen McCreight, in August of 2012 calling for a new wave of atheism that was also concerned with social issues. As originally defined by Jen McCreight, Atheism Plus means:
- We are…
- Atheists plus we care about social justice,
- Atheists plus we support women’s rights,
- Atheists plus we protest racism,
- Atheists plus we fight homophobia and transphobia,
- Atheists plus we use critical thinking and skepticism.
Atheism Plus initially received a mixed reception in the atheist community and continues to be a controversial and divisive topic. It defined itself in terms that had little to do with atheism:
- "Atheism Plus is a term used to designate spaces, persons, and groups dedicated to promoting social justice and countering misogyny, racism, homo/bi/transphobia, ableism and other such bigotry inside and outside of the atheist community"
It also defined itself as a "safe space", which is also a contentious social issue.
Activists in the movement are commonly accused of trying to hijack atheism to promote other agendas, such as radial feminism, the social justice movement, and insistence that people conform to certain beliefs that are beyond question. 
The atheismplus.com blogs stopped being updated in 2015. The atheismplus.com website appears to be down since around summer 2016.  The hashtag #atheismplus is still used on social media.
- How I Unwittingly Infiltrated the Boy’s Club & Why It’s Time for a New Wave of Atheism, by Jen McCreight
- Atheism+, by Jen McCreight at Blaghag
- Atheism plus page on archive.org