- Faith, hope and secularity: Ireland on brink of change as church power wanes
- Irish abortion law key factor in death of Savita Halappanavar, official report finds, The Independent, 13 Jun 2013
- Irish police halt prosecution of Stephen Fry for blasphemy. Fry said he could not respect a God that was "a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world … full of injustice".
- Irish teenager seeking abortion 'detained in psychiatric unit', The Independent, 14 June 2017
In 2010, Ireland introduced a blasphemy law which criminalizes: 
- "publishing or uttering [of] matter that is grossly abusive or insulting in relation to matters sacred by any religion, thereby intentionally causing outrage among a substantial number of adherents of that religion"