Richard Carrier is a historian and philosopher who became interested in the Historicity of Jesus after reading Earl Doherty's The Jesus Puzzle. He has since become a public speaker on the historical reliability of the Bible and a leading proponent of the Jesus myth theory.
- "[Believers] need Jesus to be real, but I don't need Jesus to be a myth."
- Argument from divine silence
- Observations fit abiogenesis better than a designer God
- God of the shrinking gaps
- Argument from inconsistent revelations
- Argument from divine inaction, a.k.a. the problem of evil
- Richard Carrier, On the Historicity of Jesus, 2014